Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alexandros Q&A

Q: Are you native to Brevoy, or are you visiting?
Q: Why did you accept the charter to explore the stolen lands? Are you
traveling to Brevoy for this purpose?

A: "My family lives to the North and West, in the shattered remnant of
once-great Numeria. I come home to redress great wrongs. I have
grievances against the so-called leaders in my homeland, but those
grievances, like so many others, must wait until I can speak the only
language they understand. With this charter, and these untamed lands,
I will form a barracks and recruit a force. I will forge that force
into a fist of righteousness, a great shield against tyranny and
despotism. This I have foreseen."


Q: Why did you become a Cleric? Why Nethys?
A: "In retrospect, it should have been obvious. My life has been the
contradiction-in-action that is a microcosm of the God King's own
ascension. This is not hubris, I do not claim to have undergone the
trials he underwent. But, my life, my beliefs, in fact, my very faith,
is itself a paradox that drew me to him. When I was finally called
forth, by his Bard, in a vision, it was merely a formality."


Q: What have you been doing for the last 3 months?
A: "Travelling from Absalom has taken me quite some time. I departed
by ship, of course, but then took a circuitous road.  I have tried to
recruit those of the faith, or those with skill at arms. I'm afraid
most of my words have fallen on deaf ears, but I hold-out hope that as
tales of glory trickle back along the road, some will remember and
flock to our banner. 'Who dares, wins!'"


Q: What about the last 3 years?
A: "After I got out of the Mage's Guard, I went back to Absalom for
another year of study under the Society. I suppose I should not have
been as surprised as I was to find The Bard in my dreams, calling me
to Nethys. I must admit, I took some satisfaction from the slack looks
on the faces of my old teachers when I returned wearing the mantle of
black and white. After that, it was another year of research into
magical writings and theory until I felt prepared to undertake my new
quest. 'Per ardua ad astra.'"


Q: A powerful dockworker is harassing you in a tavern, what do you
do?
A: "I ignore him until forced to re-classify him as a threat. One he
becomes a threat I dispatch him with necessary and sufficient force.
'None attack me with impunity.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment